Thursday, May 3, 2012

Well today has been lovely and warm and has allowed us to do a lot more work in the garden - hooray!  Today I have potted on some cherry tomato plants and sowed some flower seeds - alium, nasturtiums, everlasting flowers and some french annuals which I forget the names of for now.  I have also planted up another 4 flower troughs and an hanging basket for the garden.  Stuart managed to mow the orchard which had got rather long and so was a bit hard going but is now done.  However Stuart is wishing he had done it sooner (not possible because of the wet weather) as he investigated a commotion going on under our large christmas tree in the orchard only to find Elvis and Ella (our cats) playing with a snake!!  Stu hates snakes with a vengeance so it was down to me to prise the cats away from their new found plaything and get them to safety.  I believe it was an adder which I'm not shouting too loud about but it did manage to bite Ella.  She had a lump on top of her head after about an hour of the fight which was a bit scary and so I phoned the vet and explained what had happened.  He said it sounded like the bite was localised and told me to put some ice on it and keep an eye on her for a few hours.  Thankfully it did not get any worse and she seems to be fine.  A bit too much excitement for one afternoon me thinks!!

I have a few cards to post tomorrow from my craft afternoon yesterday so look out for them then.

That's all for today folks.  Thanks for popping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it is really appreciated!