Monday, May 7, 2012

 Sunshine and Snakes

 Well, it's been a busy few days.  The weather has improved - still a bit showery but the gaps between the showers have got larger so I have been out in the garden catching up with planting and lots of weeding.  Unfortunately wet and warm = weeds!!! so there is a lot to do!  My tomato plants are nearly ready for planting so tomorrows job is turning over the soil in the polytunnel and setting up for planting.  Runner beans are also coming on a treat so will plant them out too as Stuart has built the framework already.  

We had some "fun" with the cats before the weekend.  My hubbie heard some frantic rustling under the large christmas tree in the orchard only to find our two cats playing with a snake!! We managed to get Elvis away fairly easily (he was just looking on to what Ella was doing) but I had to use a broom to shoo Ella away from the snake and get them both indoors with doors and catflap shut!  Not too keen having a snake in the grounds but we knew they were around but have never seen one before in all the 4 plus years we have lived here.  We think the long grass in the orchard possibly attracted it, as it had got longer than usual with all the rain we have had and therefore less opportunity to cut it.  Anyway, the snake must have bitten Ella as a small bump appeared on the top of her head so we started to worry.  I phoned our vet and he said to keep an eye on her but not to worry too much unless it started to swell any more.  Thankfully it didnt and after a few hours we let them go out again into the night for further hunting!  The snake came off worse however as the next day we found it headless and severely sucked within an inch of its life!!  I imagine Ella went back to get her revenge!!?

As to card making, I have made a card for my great nephew's fifth birthday.  Using some decoupage and doublesided papers, together with some stamped pawprints, I really love this cheeky chappy!  I hope my nephew will think the same.



That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it is really appreciated!