Thursday, January 7, 2016

Retrosketches #196

Hi Bloggers!

Happy New Year to you all.  Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2016.  I haven't blogged for a while, I know, but a lot has been happening in our world - the latest being a new furry addition to the family in the form of Layla.  She is a cross Cocker Spaniel (not sure what she's crossed with though!). As those of you with puppies will know they are very tiring and time consuming!!!  Love her to bits and she is doing very well with house-training and obedience but had completely forgotten how much work puppies are and of course crafting has somewhat gone out of the window!  However, I have had the first crafty afternoon of 2016 today and I used a Retrosketch to get the inspirational juices flowing.

Here is my take on the current project #196.  I took a square Kraft card and matted some chocolate brown Co-ordinations card onto it.  Then cut some gold Co-ordinations card and some white card which had been embossed with sunflowers.  I put a cream/gold border down the middle of the two then popped an embellishment from Making Cards magazine onto 3d foam to give some depth.  The sentiment is also mounted on 3d foam pads.  I cut the horizontal card from gold and added some gold jewels into the left hand corners.  Hope I have done it correctly but I will submit it and see what happens!  It certainly kept me focussed after all the Christmas card making.

I will try and blog again in the next few days (puppy permitting!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it is really appreciated!